Pages

Monday 30 November 2020

Experimenting

 Melting ice in glove.

Kia Orana today i wll be talk to you about melting ice in a glove. So today in our science class we were answering some questions but we did research about it we had to know the answers by heart and there were 4 questions. When we were answering the question we came past the fourth question , so for the fourth questuion we experimented on it we had foam, tin foil,  a plastic glove and rubber. WIth this supplies we had to choose one to melt our ice in. I chose a glove to melt my ice. After we had pick a choice we had to time how long the ice will melt in our hands. It took 11 minutes and seconds for the ice to melt in my hands. The conductor of this was glove and tin foil and the insulator was rubber and foam. The reason why the rubber and foam didn't work because cloth/ thick plastic do not conducy heat very well so it goes slowly. I learnt 2 words during this COnductor and insulator. A conductor is heat energy moving faster. A insulator is heat moving slowely. 

Dry ice 

for this we experimented on ice water , warm water and hot water. We put our hand in each of these conatiners for 20 seconds and see hoe it feels to go from one to another then we would write down the results. Then we experimented with dry ice we did'nt do the xprment but our Lovely teacher did Mr Hamlin. FOr this Mr brought in a christmas tree filled with water and food colouring in a tube. ANd we watched the dry ice desolve in the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next
time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.